Wednesday 6 July 2011

Evaluating the Lip Sync...

I think we organised ourselves well for this task. We picked a song from a group that everyone in the group knew – this proved to be difficult as everyone had different music tastes, but we found one common ground and so that seemed like the sensible option, rather than making two people or three people have to learn a song.
The song we chose was ‘Make Me Wanna Die’ by The Pretty Reckless and I think we fit our lip sync video mainly around the song. I found it easy enough doing the lip syncing itself, because I’m always singing along to songs – it’s just more daunting when there’s a camera there because you feel a bit stupid when it’s being recorded.

We organised ourselves well, so we knew what costumes or props we had to bring for the next lesson and we printed out the lyrics to learn (if we didn’t already know them), so I think we were well prepared.
The genre of the song we chose is Grunge, therefore we decided to wear all black because that’s mainly what the lead singer wears. We brought in heels too but didn’t end up wearing them.

We planned to go to a different location than the one we actually used – we wanted to go somewhere where they was a lot of graffiti and it was quite dark so it fit in with the theme of the song and the Grunge scene, but we didn’t know where to go, we didn’t have the time to go exploring to find a suitable place and it was starting to rain so we didn’t want to venture too far.
We decided to look around for a location near to college or even on the college site – luckily there was building work going on outside so there were huge tall skips on the car park. We thought that would be a perfect location because the pink skipped was marked with scratches and rust and this seemed really appropriate.

The camera angles we used were simple, but the video we made was only just over a minute long, so we didn’t want to complicate things.  We used a long shot, medium shot and side shot for each person, and then we had the camera facing the front at the medium shot for all three of us when we all sang together.

I was pleased with the location, but there were builders around that looked at us like we were crazy, so it would have been less embarrassing if we were in a spot where there would be no interruptions. Also, I think we were all a bit shy and so I think it would have been better if we had more fun whilst doing it. I also think if I could do it again, I would I would use a bigger range of camera angles to give the piece more variety. 

Overall I think it went well and I was pleased with the outcome after the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment